BSA Machines Lathed Wheels.
- Wheel bores are reamed perfectly round and smooth.
- Outer hub faces are squared to minimize contact with the axle head.
- The wheel tread is lathed with True Track to achieve a perfectly round wheel, a flat tread surface, and a slight radius on the edges to replicate the look of a stock BSA wheel.
- The weight of the wheel is reduced by removing all excess plastic from the underside of the wheel tread and the inside wheel face.
- NOTE: ALL BSA LETTERING IS REMOVED. BE SURE OF YOUR PACK RULES!
- BECAUSE OF THE EXTENSIVE MILLING OF THIS WHEEL, YOU MUST USE EXTRACTION PLIERS TO REMOVE THE WHEEL AFTER INSTALLATION. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO REMOVE WITH ANY OTHER METHOD YOU ARE GOING TO BREAK OR WARP YOUR WHEEL. GURANTEED.
- Round and smooth wheels roll faster than standard wheels.
- The weight reduction provides a faster start, and improves the balance of the wheel for a smoother ride.
The Pro Ultra Lite Speed Wheels are used without any additional preparation. Optionally polish the bore with Bore Polish, then lubricate and race!
The lathing operation removes a small amount of tread surface. The serrated edge is intact. The tread reduction is barely visible to the eye, but is measurable with a caliper. If your race restricts the use of lathed wheels, do not purchase these wheels.
Lighter Wheel weight than stock BSA wheels, decreasing rotational inertia, thus allowing quicker starts and overall times. Can be run as is, or polished with Novus / plastic polish to remove micro scratches. You choose! This set of wheels usually yield an increase of speed by reducing on average 0.03-0.04 seconds in time with properly tuned car. Listening to a set of these wheels run, you can tell they are in a league of their own!
On a Builders NOTE…. You will need a set of pliers to pull the axles once installed. Because the wheels have been ligthend, you can no longer pull the axle out by the wheel. You will bend/warp out of round. Then the wheel will not roll correctly and you just wasted $$$. Please dont let this be I told you so moment.